1. What does re-it mean?
re-it is made up of the words re-commerce and information technology. Re-commerce generally describes the trade with used products on the internet. In e-commerce, re-it focuses on the buying and selling of used IT hardware.
2. What are the benefits of re-it?
- Selling your hardware quickly and easily - configure your hardware with a few clicks, without time-consuming creation of announcements
- We pay you market oriented prices without deduction of announcements charges and other subsequent costs
- Fast payout via bank transfer or PayPal to your account
- By selling your IT hardware to us, you are doing your bit for the environment
3. What happens to my used IT hardware?
We refurbish your used IT hardware and resell it.
4. Does re-it contribute to environmental protection?
By refurbishing and returning used IT hardware we contribute to environmental protection as the product life cycle of each hardware component is extended thus conserving resources and energy consumption.
Your selling process
1. I can't find my hardware in the selection menu, what I do?
If you cannot find your hardware in our selection menu, please send us a short e-mail to email@example.com with information about them. We will get back to you as soon as possible. We take great care to ensure that our database lists all hardware components and their variations in a product category.
2. Is a minimum value required for selling my hardware to re-it?
If you sell your hardware at our platform, no minimum value is necessary. The sales value is determined by your configuration and the final testing once we have received your components.
3. What criteria does re-it use to evaluate my hardware?
Your hardware is evaluated according to its current condition and functionality.
4. I rate the condition of my hardware differently than re-it, what happens then?
The final evaluation of your hardware will be made as soon as we have received it by shipment. If you do not agree with the price we offer to pay you, we will send your hardware back to you free of charge upon request.
5. How does re-it test my hardware and how long does this process take?
As soon as we receive your hardware as a shipment, you will receive a confirmation from us by e-mail and we will immediately begin testing. You will receive a response from us within 48 hours. If there are no valuation differences, we will arrange the payout. Otherwise we will send you a corresponding offer.
6. Can I request a return of my hardware after it has been checked by re-it?
If the results of the inspection match your previous information in the configurator, we will immediately arrange for payout. Unfortunately, a return of your hardware is no longer possible by this point of time.
1. When will I receive the agreed payout for my hardware after it has been sent?
Once we have received your hardware, we will check it immediately. If your details match our check, we will arrange payout immediately.
2. What payout methods does re-it offer?
We offer payout via bank transfer and PayPal.
3. How long is the price offered by re-it valid after configuring my hardware?
Our offer price in the configurator is valid for 14 days from the date of the sales confirmation sent by e-mail.
1. How much are the shipping costs within Germany?
Up to a configured offer value of 50 € we automatically charge 5 € shipping costs. If the configured offer value is > 50 €, re-it will pay your shipping costs. It is important that the goods are free of bulky goods with a maximum weight of 31.5 kg. You can find more information on the page of our shipping service provider.
1.2 What are the shipping costs within Austria and countries within the EU?
Up to a configured offer value of 100 € in Austria, we automatically charge 10 € shipping costs. If the configured offer value is > 100 €, re-it will pay your shipping costs.
Up to a configured offer value of 200 € in EU countries we automatically charge 15 € shipping costs. If the configured offer value is > 200 €, re-it will pay your shipping costs.
It is important that the goods are free of bulky goods with a maximum weight of 31.5 kg. You can find more information on the page of our shipping service provider.
2. Do I have to use the shipping label provided by re-it for shipping my IT hardware?
Please always use the shipping label provided by us.
Due to the terms and conditions of our transport partners we can only send you a shipping label saying "return label" on it.
Please do not be confused by this. This is the right label for sending your hardware to us!
3. How much is the liability sum of the shipping?
The liability sum of the shipping is 500 €.
4. Is there a possibility to bring my hardware to re-it´s premises in person?
Due to the current events in relation to the COVID19 pandemic, we cannot accept hardware in person at our premises. We thank you for your understanding.
5. How do I pack my IT hardware for shipping?
Since IT hardware is sensitive regarding mechanical damage, we advise you to pack your goods securely and padded. If you are shipping several components, make sure that each component is packed separately from the others.
In the case of components such as processors and RAM, make sure that they are packed individually so that no mechanical damage can occur. For larger quantities, we will be happy to provide suitable packaging material upon request.
6. Is the return of my hardware free of charge if I do not agree to the price re-it offers me?
The return of your hardware is free of charge for you. re-it will pay all shipping costs.
1. Is registration necessary to sell my hardware to re-it?
A customer account is necessary to sell to re-it. Our customer account offers you the advantage of having a complete overview of your sales and transactions.
2. How can I cancel my sales order?
If you want to cancel your sales order, just send a short e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Is my personal data protected from misuse and disclosure to third parties at re-it?
We take the issue of data protection very seriously. You can find detailed information on our data protection page. We would also like to point out that we use SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) software for our platform, which protects the information when you sell to us by encrypting it.
3. My question was not answered in these FAQ. What do I do now?
If you have any questions we did not answer here, please get in touch with us directly at email@example.com.